A fire has caused severe damage to Wolverhampton Stadium
A fire that brokes out in the early hours of the day caused severe damage to Wolverhampton Stadium. The fire alarms went off at 01:40. 20 firefighters took part in extinguishing the fire, leaving the area only at 06:45.
Initial speculation is that the fire was accidental and was caused by an electrical appliance. None of the employees in charge of the 24-hour security of the stadium were injured.
Wolverhampton visited Brentford yesterday, so there is no significant event at Moline this weekend. The next home game of the "wolves" is only on February 5, so there will be enough time for the club to repair the damage by then.